Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Remeber Me

        I'm nineteen now and I'm still dead. Well I'm not dead but my mind is. Do you remember how I told you guys that I was in a car accident? well, now I'm in a comma and I've been in one for about three years now. You know that Kate Hudson movie were she's in the hospital and she come out of her body? That's not my case. I can hear them but I can't talk to them.
        " God, she looks so peaceful!" my mother said." I wonder what she is thinking if she is thinking at all. My mom always came to visit even when she got out of work. " Hey mom, how is she doing?" Remi asked. " Well if she doesn't open her eyes by today well have to pull the plug" she cried. I have never seen my mother so heart broken. It was like I was dead and she was looking at my lifeless body. " Come on wake up, wake up! my cautious kept screaming but my body wouldn't listen. Then all of a sudden I had the strength to slowly open one eye. I don't know what it was but it just pushed me till I did. You know baby steps, anyways  I opened my eyes and looked around to realize I didn't know where I was. " Um, hello is anyone hear?" I said softly. I heard foot steps rushing to my door to then see an unfamiliar women at the foot of my bed. " Oh sweetie thank god, I thought I would never see your gray eyes again" she cried. " Do I know you I mean am I suppose to ?" I asked. " What?, you don't remember me?" She replied. " I'm sorry I don't even know who I am?" She ran out the room flustered with fear. What the hell was going on?
        " Helen let me a sure you that this is something very typical for comma patients" the doctor said. " Well tell me then why did she not remember a single thing about me or who she is" that lady cried. I was sitting in the room just listening to what the lady said about me. Talking about I was he daughter and that it was really painful for her but I didn't even know her! I didn't even know my name yet. " Valarie is the only thing I have left to remember my husband by because she looks so much like him I can't lose her to!, so you go in there and you fix her !!!" she screamed. My name was Valarie and that lady really was very forceful towards that man int he white coat.
      " Valarie can you hear me?, I'm doctor June Bug what's your name?" he said. " My name is, is Valarie I think that's it?" I asked. Their trying to give me this shock therapy stuff but it's not working at all.  " Okay Valarie how old are you if you're in college?"he asked. " I don't know seventeen!" I screamed. " Ms. Smith we danced through all the training and nothing seems to work" he says. I can't hear them very well but I heard I was going home. Which is where? I don't think I want to go home with someone I don't know!    " Hum excuse me I don't want to go, you see I don't know her there fore I don't trust her. She could be some kind of kid killer and I refuse to be her next victim" I said.  She rushed out I didn't do any thing wrong but tell the truth.
     If I didn't know you I didn't trust you simple facts. I mean who in there right mind would trust someone that they didn't know. " Ready to go home Val, someone can't wait to see you!" She shouted. I smelt the fresh air in my face the breeze going through my hair. In hailing fresh air getting all that oxygen. I got out the chair and walked walked to the car. This big house with two floors was mine. " This is your room, I left it like it was since of the day of the car crash." She whispered " Can i ask you a question?" " Yeah sure Valarie what is it?" " Why didn't you pull the plug and let me go?" I asked. " Because even though you were in the comma there was no way in hell I was gonna let you die on me Val." I guess I kind of under stood why she did not let me die but that dies not change the fact that I did not trust her. " Okay so now that all your questions have been asked I want you to meet some one special!" she yelped. " Who are you talking about?" " Remi bring him in I think she is ready!" she yelled. Bring who in? who are they talking about.... He was so gorgeous his blue crystal eyes, tan skin, red Spike hair. Almost as if he was a angle sent down from heaven. But how come I didn't know him? " Hi little guy, what's your name!" I mumbled. You know since he was a baby I talked to him like a baby. " Valarie this is Jailer your nephew" she sighed. I looked up at Remi to see tears streaming down her eyes. I knew her name because she was the only person name I remembered which is a miracle because I didn't know any one else. " Why are you crying?, is it something I  did!" I cried " No, no no it's just that I've been waiting so long for this day to come and I'm so happy it's here". " Me too Remi me to." The next day I went to the doctor to check if the memory loss was serious. " Now Valarie what do you remember so far about what happened?" he asked. " I remember that I was in my car on my way to school and I got hit but I don't remembered what happened before that". " Okay then that is a very good start but your gonna need a lot of practice and time to adapt to the new living situation." I jumped off the table wishing that I could already remember everything about me, my friends, my family. Why was it so hard?
     " Valarie I want to give you something that might help you with your condition". Remi walked in to my room as if it was something so serious that it could change my life. And it did actually. " What is it?" " Well it's this." She moved her hand over the cover and gave it to me it said " Journal Entries Of Valarie". " What's this some kind of diary?" I asked. " yeah it was a journal I kept of you when you were in the comma I thought it could help you." " Why are you giving it to me now?" " I thought this would be the right time". She left it right there on my bed and walked out hoping it would help me with my memory loss. I walked over and opened it slowly the first entry was on how it happened to me, the next one was my birthday and how old I was and what it felt like for her, then the one journal entry that caught my eyes was the on Jailer and his first birthday. " Valarie if you were here you could see how beautiful he is. He looks a little like you same eye color those big blue greenish eyes when they look at you you know that your at peace. I talk about you every day about how old you were and your favorite ice cream and books. Gosh I wish you were here Val to tell him about girls with me, to brace him for all the heart breaks he will account, to say those three words that will make me whale like crazy... I love you." Tears started falling down my eyes in a facing paste every thing started to come back to me. It was like one flashing motion of pictures and memories running through my head. Everything got so dizzy and blurry I couldn't breath. " Remi, Remi" I called but no one answered. I thought I was going to die. I got to go tot he door but I was so weak I collapsed to the floor. I looked up at the ceiling and just watched all the things that would have been a tear rolled down my face and everything went black.
     " Valarie, Valarie." Someone was calling my name and I had to find out who. I opened my eyes slowly and it was Jailer his beautiful little smile made my heart beat at 2,000 per minute. " Yeah baby how are you?". I got to huge him and give him a huge kiss on the for head. " Yeah your a wake!" Remi rushed to my side and pulled me close." Don't ever scare me like that again do you understand me?." Water was on the side of my face she was crying really hard. " How are you feeling Valarie?" the doctor asked. " Actually I feel really good I mean all those pictures kept coming in my mind made me fell better". " Well since you fell better lets test your knowledge. "What is today's date?" " Today is the nineteen of 2010!" " That is correct will  run a few test but you seem to have got your memory back congrats." he walked out the room and I immediately jumped on top of Remi. " I can't believe this I'm free. I actually remember everything. I actually remember me!"


     

No comments:

Post a Comment