Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Inside & Out

4 months, 3 days, 8 weeks before my 16th birthday. I never thought this day would come so fast. Just like in an instant you could be in your wedding dress or graduating from high school. Not like the one that makes you loose 40 pounds, 10 inches using the 10 minute instant fat burner. " Get it today loose 10 inches off your waist". I hate those commercials either your fat or skinny pick one. I really mean the instant were  anything in a blink of an eye. Everything you hoped and worked for is gone. An instant when the person you love you love got shot and killed right in front of you. The instant were me, Valary was in a comma for three years.
      It all started like a regular day. My parents fighting as usual and my sister throwing up in the bathroom. She has a eating disorder but my parents don't even notice. They're two caught up in their stupid web to focus on how skinny and pale Remi has gotten. She's 19 and I'm well you know. Any ways I got up to go to the bathroom to shower for school. " Remi how long are you going to stay in there and puke your brains out?" I asked. She swung open the door and pulled me in. It smelt like raw fish mixed with sour milk. " Hey will you shut your mouth, mom and dad don't know I'm pregnant yet!" " Wait?," " What! your knocked up, since when?" I screamed. I wonder how the hell did this happen. I mean I know how but with who? " Yeah since last month, what did you think was wrong?" " I thought you had a eating disorder!" " Me, noway Val you know me I eat twice as much on a regular basics.  " Everything started to make sense, the weird cravings, the throwing up, the sleeping more. How could I not have noticed. " So who is the babies father Remi?" I asked her. "It's Brian we have been dating for about a year and well you know happened next." " Wait Brian next door, he is white!" I screamed. " Yeah and we're Mexican-American big whoop, the main thing is i love him." I ran out the bathroom thinking could this day get any worse. An it did.....
        I pulled out of the drive way only thinking about Remi. How could she have done this? they were only dating for a year. Remi always told me she wanted to go to Julliard and practice ballet. Remi was the best ballet dancer I knew. She stared in Swan lake 20,000 times since the second grade. She always told me that no matter what happens she would always be there for me. Which is convenient now that in a comma. It sucks cause I won't see my niece or nephew and I've been in this thing for like two years now so I'm 17 and Remi is 21. Back to me in a comma. As I drove down the street I kept thinking about what kind of life she would have with Brian and the baby. She was the last person I thought about before.... The next thing  I knew my head was smashing in to my window. Glass in my eyes, blood trickling down my face. I felt a tear run down my bloody check as I lade there up side down. I saw foot steps running towards me. " Some one call 911!" I heard. The last thing I remember was doctors standing over me and my mother crying like I've never seen before. She was my last image before everything went black and never turned white. That was the instant were my world came crashing down two years ago. Over running a red light.

No comments:

Post a Comment